Why Should I Breastfeed?
Breast milk is the perfect beginning for your baby, as it:
- Has just the right amount of proteins, fats, vitamins and carbohydrates
- Creates a close emotional bond between you and your newborn
- Helps keep your baby from getting sick
- Lessens the chance of your child becoming overweight
- Lowers your baby’s risk of asthma, allergies and sudden death infant syndrome (SIDS)We’re Here to Help Ensure Your Success with Breastfeeding
We’re Here to Help You Successfully Breastfeed
As a certified Baby Friendly® birth center, we proudly offer the support services you need to help get your baby off to the best start with breastfeeding, such as:
- Nurses specially trained to help you get started during your stay with us
- Board-certified lactation consultants for more challenging feeding issues
- Private breastfeeding appointments available, both during and after your stay
- A breastfeeding support line to answer whatever questions you may have
- Breast pump rentals and sales
Call our Breastfeeding Support Line at (925) 952-2777 for all of your breastfeeding needs.
Virtual Breastfeeding Classes and Support Groups
We’re pleased to offer classes and support groups to help you in your breastfeeding journey, both before and after your baby is born. Due to ongoing COVID-19 safety precautions, all classes and groups are held virtually via Zoom until further notice.
Breastfeeding Your Infant Class (Ideal for Third Trimester Moms)
Breastfeeding Support Sessions (Moms with Infants 0-3 months)
Best Beginnings (0-3 months) Parent & Baby Groups, 8-Week Session
Space is limited so we recommend registering early as some classes and groups fill quickly.