Messaging in MyChart
We are happy to provide this form of communication to you. To best meet your healthcare needs and to ensure your care is provided in a timely manner, here are the guidelines for when to send a MyChart message and when to schedule an appointment:
Use MyChart to:
- Schedule an appointment
- Request prescription refills
- Pay a bill
- Message your provider with non-urgent specific and simple medical questions about:
- A recent visit
- Current medications
- Test results
- Current referral or insurance questions
We are committed to responding to your message within 3-5 business days. Although your message may be intended for a specific provider, it could be addressed by their care team when appropriate.
Book a telehealth or in-person visit for:
- New or urgent health issues
- Multiple or complex medical questions
- New or modified prescription requests
- New referral request
- New orders
- Completing forms, such as sports clearance or childcare forms*
*There may be a fee for forms. You may be able to submit sports clearance or childcare forms through MyChart if the patient had a comprehensive wellness checkup in the past 12 months.
Please keep messages brief and specific to your care. If you have a lot to explain or are unsure, please call your provider's office or book an appointment.
If you do not receive a response within 3-5 business days, please call your provider’s office or book an appointment.
For assistance with MyChart, please call our Patient Support Center at (925) 941-2001.