We will accept applications through the PhORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service) as part of the ASHP Resident Matching Program. We will recruit for two PGY1 resident positions.
NMS code: 269813
Interested applicants may attend our virtual open house on November 16th 2022, from 4-5:30pm (PST).
Please RSVP to email@example.com by November 14th 2022.
Application and Interview Criteria
To be considered for the Pharmacy Residency, the candidate must complete the following:
- The deadline for applications is December 31, 2022
- Must be a graduate of an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy or otherwise eligible for licensure in California
- Must be registered in the ASHP Resident Matching Program
- Submit standardized application materials through PhORCAS
- Provide a cover letter describing your career goals, interests and the reasons you are considering our program. Be specific as to why our program is a good fit with your career goals and interests.
- We require three letters of recommendation, of these a minimum of two should be from a preceptor who you have worked with in a clinical setting during an acute or ambulatory care APPE. All reference letters should adhere to the standard PhORCAS template to submit the candidate recommendation.
- In addition, please submit a short video of yourself separately (uploaded to YouTube), send link to firstname.lastname@example.org that contains the following:
- The video must contain you speaking
- Introduce yourself – say your full name and pharmacy school
- Answer the question: "Why did you choose pharmacy as your profession?”
- Duration is 2 minutes or less. No more than 2 minutes please
- Email Subject: "Your Name – Residency Application Video"
The process involves rotating interview blocks with the residency program director, preceptors, pharmacy administration, and a virtual hospital tour.
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Interview Dates:
- Tuesday, January 31st, 2023
- Thursday, February 2nd, 2023
- Tuesday, February 7th, 2023
- Thursday, February 9th, 2023
Salary and Benefits
Salary: $60,000 per year, paid twice monthly
Insurance: Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
Vacation, Sick and Professional Leave: Leave is accrued per pay period based on house paid, excluding overtime. Accrual begins on the first day of employment. Leave may be used to attend professional meetings, and for post-graduate or professional job interviews.
Travel Stipend: All residents are provided with a stipend to support travel, lodging and registration fees for the purposes of professional conferences. The amount of the travel stipend is determined each year and may not cover all travel expenses.