About The Program
Our new Family Medicine Residency program is a UCSF-affiliated, unopposed program that will open for 4th year clerkships in 2016 and match our first resident class in 2017. Our program is both leadership and teamwork focused, with a firm commitment to providing quality healthcare to the underserved.
Our UCSF-affiliated family residency program offers:
- Broad spectrum, hands-on comprehensive training in a community-based setting
- High value service to vulnerable populations within our community
- Practice and teaching within an evidence-based John Muir Health Medical Home model
- Opportunity to embrace and lead healthcare transformation and achieving optimal population health
- A strategic clinical and research partnership with UCSF
John Muir Health is located in the East Bay area—conveniently close to San Francisco, Napa, Lake Tahoe ski areas, Yosemite National Park and the coast. We have access to world-class restaurants, shopping and nightlife—as well as hiking, biking, mountains, golf, and beaches. Some of the best school districts in the nation are in our area, and it’s a great place to raise a family.
Inpatient & Transitional Care Medicine Clerkships
We are also offering a new 4-week Inpatient & Transitional Care rotation at our John Muir Medical Center, Concord location. The clerkship features:
- Highly experienced, hospital-based Internal Medicine and Family Medicine faculty
- Focus on critical, perioperative, transitional, and general hospital care
- Hands-on experience in a highly supportive, integrated learning environment
- Use of EPIC™ EHR with integrated UpToDate® for real-time patient care decision-making
- Adult learner model with behavior-based Milestone curriculum and evaluations.
Find Out More
For more information about the residency program or clerkship, please contact:
Lynn Eddleman, Residency Coordinator